BIRTH YEARS: 2014 & 2013
Our focus at the U6 and U7 age groups is to create an atmosphere and environment through practice and competition where players are challenged to be creative and solve problems. The priority at these young ages is on individual player development in a fun and rewarding experience. Setting the fundamentals and developing technically superior soccer players will always be at the forefront of our player development curriculum. Great importance is placed on age appropriate activities and creating a child centered learning environment where building the player comes first then the team. Players will practice once a week throughout the season in an academy style format which U.S. Soccer has determined as a “Best Practice” and have a five - six week game season (each in the fall and then in the spring). For more information, please contact Kendra Collins (Ohio South coach of the year).
- Fall – early August thru mid October
- Spring – early March thru mid May
- Summer and Winter – There are optional training programs, camps, clinics and competitive events offered
Training Locations/Practice Days:
- NEW ALBANY: Thompson Park, 5600 Thompson Road, Columbus, OH 43230/Practice Days: Tuesdays
- BEXLEY: Jewish Community Center, 1125 College Avenue, Columbus, OH 43209/Practice Days: Wednesdays at 5:00 pm
- This program will play 4v4 (or 5v5 when deemed appropriate) in an in house league with their games scheduled on Sundays at Thompson Park (tentatively at 1:00 pm).
For the 2019-2020 season, Sporting Columbus will be in season three and four of a four season uniform cycle. Therefore, only new players and returning players who have need will need to order a uniform. Uniform orders are placed online. After you pay your deposit, soccer.com will send an instruction e-mail to new players regarding the uniform process. All uniform numbers will be randomly assigned.
All players are welcome – there are no tryouts for this program. Each player must register online and pay their deposit to join the program. All registration is completed electronically. To register click here (either log into your account or create a new account for new families and then choose Future Superstars - 2019-2020).